I'm about to get real L.A. on ya right now talking about alkaline water.
But I am ALL about it lately.
Love the taste, love the benefits, and FEEL better having it.
Alkaline water is water that’s less acidic than regular tap water. This means it is rich in alkalizing compounds, including calcium, silica, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate.
Many people believe that the typical North American diet contributes to chronic low-grade acidosis – a condition that may be associated with poor health outcomes including heart problems, altered hormonal status, and the loss of muscle or bone.
Fans of alkaline water believe that it can neutralize the acid in your bloodstream...and help your body metabolize nutrients more effectively,.
Leading to happier bodies and minds of all babes.
Most water from the tap in the United States has an alkaline level of 5 which is considered neutral (for context Dasani has an alkaline of around 5.5 to 7 which is neutral to alkaline).
Thankfully water where we live is really clean compared to other places in the world so water from the tap isn't at all bad for you. Seriously, we have clean enough water to drink out of the tap - most of the world doesn't and for THAT we are lucky.
But when you're at Whole Foods looking at which water to buy when you need a bottle, it's good to know which is best for you and why.
Why it’s important:
- Acid-fighting alkaline pH balance
- The nutritious minerals in it
- It hydrates your body faster and more thoroughly than plain water.
These benefits have been linked to weight loss, detoxification, improved pH balance, better bone health and other health benefits that have been reported in over 40 studies.
Major benefits, explained:
- Detoxification: Weirdly, and sort of scary that water can have heavy metals in it, which alkaline water has been show to help our bodies expel.Drinking alkaline water has been shown to help the body to expel 10 different heavy metals. Research conducted on the long term benefits of alkaline ionized water for detoxification shows that maintaining an alkaline pH balance can protect you from mercury aka that shit that sometimes shows up in raw fish.
- Weight Loss: Did I get your attention? Hehe. There have been clinical studies that have shown that those that drink alkaline water lose more weight than those that don't.
- 21% Lower Cholesterol: Alkaline water has been shown to help lower harmful cholesterol.
- More readily absorbed nutrients: It also supplies your body with easy-to-absorb calcium and magnesium.
Waters and their alkalinity levels:
Essentia: 9.0 (my second favorite)
Poland Spring: 7.2
Smart Water: 7.6
Generosity Water: 10
This isn't sponsored, but I love that Generosity has a 10 pH AND for each bottle you buy, a month of clean water is given to TWO people in need.
It's SO EASY to just get a water, and make such a big impact.
Or if you buy a case, it provides clean water to TWO PEOPLE A YEAR.
I've been buying a case a month (around $33 dollars) and drinking one every other day just to get back to balance and feel good. I have a subscription where they send me a case a month. Easy peasy - and under $35 dollars.
I also have been sending people cases of this water, too!
It's an easy, and amazing way to make an impact (which you can see on their website here how they make a difference) and to do good for your body. I truly cannot imagine not having access to clean water, or being able to drink water whenever I wanted.
It seems simple, but it gives me pause.
Let that sink in ya know? Your dollars count! :)
Giving back is SO IMPORTANT. This, makes it easy!
Are you guys into alkaline water? You can also buy generosity water here.