People I know you are listening to the Almost 30 Podcast weekly. I KNOW THIS. It makes me so happy too.
However, this week – was WOAH. SO GOOD.
I've recieved so many texts, emails, calls, etc. etc. about Kelly Leveque and her insights on nutrition, eating, dieting, and being an entrepreneur…all the good stuff.
I wanted to recap some of the highlights for you, as well as to link some of the products she mentions and so you can make your own Be Well Smoothie with the Fab 4 Ingredients! Fat, Protein, Fiber and Greens.
Kelly says, “The #bewellsmoothie is a formula to help you develop a blood sugar balancing meal replacement shake in any flavor with enough protein, fat and fiber to keep you full. Many juice shops, grocery smoothie bars and smoothie recipes are loaded with sugar, specifically fructose sugar from excess fruit. Fructose sugar stores as fat 20-30% faster than glucose.”
Highlights of the episode:
- Turning off hunger hormones requires you to have protein, fat and fiber. Without it or with an imbalance of the three you’re going to still be hungry. That’s why ‘fat is back’ because it’s key to turning off those hunger hormones and leaving you feeling full way longer.
- The easiest way to change your diet now is to change your breakfast. Make it a smoothie, with the fab 4 and feel fuller longer, change the game for your whole day by turning off hunger hormones.'
- Juicing is hard on your body, because most juices have so much sugar you’re insulin levels rise and you’re not feeding your body the appropriate fats, protein and fiber.
- Working out in the morning before you eat, can increase your levels of HGH and fat burning.
- Kelly didn’t doubt herself in her entrepreneurial journey because she didn’t have TIME. By keeping busy, staying in your own lane and super focused – you can ignore all the self-doubt and not let it creep in.
- The game changer for her in her business was charging more. For all the small business owners and entrepreneurs – yes you are WORTH IT.
My version of the Be Well Smoothie (all products I have linked!)
One whole or half avocado – Depending on how thick you want it
One Tablespoon of chia Seeds or Flax Meal – FIBER. I like these because they are non-GMO but any will do!
One shake of bee pollen
One Scoop of Amazing Grass Green Superfood – If you’re feeling frisky and want the extra green - it does change the taste so PLEASE beware!
I've seriously done an overhaul of my breakfast the past week, making this smoothie and LOVING being full until noon. That never happens for me as I am a morning/lunch eater. GAME changer to keep healthy momentum going.
Which part of the podcast did you love? Share with your friends who are into this stuff! Learning together :)
photos via Be Well By Kelly