I think people are starting to assume all I do is cleanse, but whatev. Peeps be thinking what they thinkin'.
Cleansing is good for you, it's a great way to give your body a break, while also focusing strictly on nutrition and eating habits. I've written about this here, but I really like to cleanse, it's like I don't think about my meals, planning or whatever, for a few days, and I have SO MUCH ENERGY! It's crazy, plus you sleep like a freakin' baby.
So I decided to try the Chef V 4 day Cleanse, which I am really excited about as I have been doing the TSC Bombshell Body, and wanted to really kick my health craziness into overdrive.
Chef V is a local to the L.A. area and has been cleansing and providing cleanses since she left college, as a way to help her passion for health and cooking. It's of course, grown into a huge business and the reach of the 'green drink' has been far!
She is a babe, by the way, and her story is really inspiring. It's always amazing to see people pursuing their passion which so happens to dovetail with helping others feel better, look better, etc.
So, to the cleanse! Included in this cleanse:
4 green juices, 16 oz. - Each day you are to consume 1 whole container.
4 organic detox soups. - Each day you are to consume 1 soup
8 ultra shake packets - Each day you are to consume 2 shakes
- 7am – 7:30: Immediately after waking up, drink 16 oz. of cold or hot water (Never room temperature, for digestion) – Good time to exercise lightly or “power hour” and drink 16 – 24 oz. water
- 8:00am: Drink 16 oz. Chef V’s Organic Green Drink at your own pace not to exceed 30 minutes (wait 15 mins .)
- 9am: After waiting 15-30 minutes after the green drink, mix Chef V’s Ultra Shake powder with 16 oz. of COLD water in Blender Cup. Drink at your own pace not to exceed 30 minutes (Adding Ice helps make taste better)
- 9:30am – 12pm: Drink 24 – 48 oz. water (Hot or Cold, depending on your body size)
- 12pm: 16 oz. Chef V’s Organic Green Drink at your own pace not to exceed 30 minutes
- 12:30 – 2pm: Drink 24-48 oz. of water (Hot or Cold)
- 2pm: Drink 16 oz. Chef V’s Organic Green Drink at your own pace not to exceed 30 minutes
- 2:30pm: Mix Chef V’s Ultra Shake powder with 16 oz. of COLD water in Blender Cup. Drink at your own pace not to exceed 30 minutes (Adding Ice helps make taste better)
- 3pm – 6pm: Drink 24 – 48 oz. water
- 6pm: Drink 16 oz. Chef V’s Organic Green Drink at your own pace not to exceed 30 minutes
- 7pm: Chef V’s Detox Soup 1 serving, heat 1-2 minutes in microwave safe bowl or on stove (may add non-salt season. White stringy Fibers in soup are natural from blended lemongrass) You may add your own NO-SALT seasoning to taste.
- 7:30pm – 10pm: Drink 24 – 48 oz. water
- 10pm: Sleep, very important get a good night’s rest
When the cleanse was delivered on Monday A.M., like 5 A.M. I didn't really think about the schedule or preparation of doing a cleanse and it was only midway throughout the day, until I actually realized about the amount of food I would be consuming.
& you guyssssssssss this cleanse is a true true cleanse.
That's all I can say really about it.
I have been meaning to really work on my sugar addiction (aka how bad I want sugar when I finish a meal, am tired, in the morning, all the time basically). This cleanse has SUCH a low sugar content. If you compare to others, that are even just juice cleanses, there is a high level of sugar because there's fruit (such as apples even) in all the juices. This green drink in the Chef V cleanse has 3g of sugar vs. 30g of sugar found in the normal green juice drink. That's MASSIVE and I've never even thought about it. I know it's fruit sugar, but once you remove the fiber (or actual fruit) from fruit and juice it, you're just left with sugar. Not the same as white sugar, but again, you shouldn't have too much.
Green juice is green juice right? But, NO.
I'm not going to lie, this is a cleanse to do if you want to seriously like, 'shed for the wedding' or some vacation or trip. There's no way on this number of calories you won't see a shift. Through the week I lost 6 lbs, and although I know it won't stay, a lot of it's water and other things, but it's a good way to kick start a diet. I didn't go in with the straight up intention to lose weight, but it just happened (and mostly because I went from my normal 2200 calories a day to around 750 calories a day).
I definitely added some food to this so I could continue to workout. I added almond milk to the shakes (vs. water) and also to the detox soup to make it more filling. I also ate 3 green apples because I was needing to nibble on something. (The word 'nibble' makes this sound annoying I know).
I would highly recommend the cleanse for people that are serious cleansers, or people that are really wanting to make a change and start any sort of diet or program. If you've never cleansed, it may be a bit difficult, because I was surprised that I found it challenging through the week.
As with most cleanses, I'm possibly an exception because I have SO MUCH energy. I'm almost annoying, ha. I sleep so well and feel amazing. Skin, on point. Happiness level, on point. Although it did make me really think about my cravings and relationship with sugar and food.
I think what I'll do is order the green juice, weekly or a few times a month because this stuff was amazing. It doesn't have too much of a taste to it, so you can sip it through the day to get nutrients in.
The Green Drink has been said to:
Cleanse your vital organs and rids harmful toxins from the body without the discomfort of other cleanses. Also, helps you burn fat, gain energy, think clearer, sleep better, relieve stress, and it’s preventative health care!
If you're interested in this cleanse, you can use the promo code HUNDRED to receive 55% off any cleanse you try!
Let me know if you do it, I can provide moral support, ha.
The REAL DEAL of cleanses, it's challenging but SO worth it. Like anything really in life.
Feeling good starting this week, and on track before the HOLIDAYS. BAH! Vegan Thanksgiving life, LOL. Can't wait to tell my grandparents, I'm sure they'll be confused AF with what is happening.
Let me know if you have questions here, and I'm so glad to answer them. Also check of Chef V here to order your post holiday detox cleanse people!