There are so many trends that confuse dudes (Uggs, baggy boyfriend jeans, lavender hair, 'big hats and lipstick' - Justin said when I asked him LOL).
I realized this when my Fringe Dress arrived last week (which, it's now on sale of course). Justin was so very confused/entertained upon seeing me walking around with ripped cloth trailing me. Thank goodness I don't have pets. They go wild for that shit, HA.
But, fringe is having a motherfuckin' moment y'all.
It was for sure one of the biggest hits in Spring 2015, but I feel it much more appropriate as we slip into fall. It's nice to see fringe move from festival season (lots of fringe at Coachella this year as you can see) into our daily attire.
It's another sexy throwback to 70's style that I appreciate because it adds something to basic colors and cuts. You can't really do a pattern with fringe (in my humble opinion) and it works well in my "transitioning from NYC to LA wardrobe". It's got a bit of an edge.
I'm not sure fringe is super slimming, so I need to be conscious of adding layers of fabric to the bod, and these cuts make sure to do that.
And, there are ways (shown here) to rock fringe without looking like you strolled in from the Wild, Wild West. Take a peak at some of IG's best dressed, who work the detail into their wardrobe in unexpected and baller ways. While the fringe-sleeve jacket, may never go out of style, a clutch with the long strips is surely giving it a run for it's money.
I think if there's any rule to fringe, it's that you can't have on more than one fringe piece, because you'd probably end up with your outfit knotted together or something.
20 ways to wear fringe now to look crazy, sexy, cool (not just crazy):
- Fringed Mini Skirt by Zara
- Fringe Leather Gloves by Carolina Amato
- Bucket Bag by Rebecca Minkoff
- Red Dress by Carmella
- Black Dress by In the Fast Lane
- Dress from Asos
- Fringe Leather Jacket by Mango (now on sale)
- Rashell Skirt by BCBGMAXAZRIA at Revolve
- Fringe Dress by Nomia at Farfetch
- Fringe Crossbody Bag by Urban Originals
- Knit Fringe Top by Forever 21
- Earrings by Lena Bernard from Nasty Gal
- Leather Bag with Fringe by H&M
- Suede Boots by H&M
- Leather Clutch by Zara
- Fringe Suede Moto Jacket by Nasty Gal
- Oxblood Suede Fringe Sandals by Lulu's
- Tiered Fringe Top by Forever 21
- Crystal Fringe Drop Earrings by DANNIJO
- Fringe Sweater by Endless Rose
I'll share some pictures of my dress shortly (I just need to shower TBH).
Let me know what other trends you're obsessed with right now, and if I missed anything fringe that you're loving.
Hope you're having a good week! It's raining today in L.A. and the city is all sorts of confused - but I LOVE IT.