Continuing the healthy living Cabo Prep/Summer bod series with the TRUTH.
Do you remember when I had Danielle Pascente on the Almost 30 Podcast? We talked all things diet, nutrition, and being a business owner with Danielle and it was one of the most fun I've had on Almost 30. You can find the ep here:
A little bio on Danielle:
"Danielle Pascente is an established personal trainer/sports model in Los Angeles and is the creator of the Kick-Ass Training Guide (KATG), 6 week workout guide. She can be found as the lead trainer for the 30 Day Fat Burn series on BeFit. Danielle was recently named as a trending fitness star by Shape Magazine in 2016. She’s been training clients for over 10 years and has a passion for helping people reach their health/fitness goals. She’s a firm believer that consistency is key when it comes to your health. Even the smallest positive daily habits can have a lasting effect!"
I for one, absolutely love Danielle. She's smart, REAL, fun, FUNNY, STUNNING, a badass, a good friend, dedicated, and aware. She also kind, warm and really can kick your ass as a trainer. Follow her on instagram - she's my fav - she always keeps it real - and keeps it authentic (@daniellepascente).
She's a celebrity fitness trainer in LA, also a fitness model and coach. I have admired her six pack from afar, and was SO EXCITED she came out with a serious workout and fitness bible. I mean it was way overdue, ya know?
TELL ME UR SECRETS PLZ - like need them, and perfectly so put all her fit chick tricks (triple rhyme there OH YAH) in one handy guide!
The all you need, for BOMB workouts, fitness tips, shopping guides and more. I'm sure you've seen guides all over the internet, and even more you've seen the results and transformation shots.
There's a reason for that. These are the workouts people like Danielle are doing, and the foods they are eating. What their health and nutrition tips are, and ways to stay motivated.
It's all you need to get fit, feel better, and get strong.
I'm a HUGE group worker outer. It's like what I do, and have been doing for the past few years with ClassPass. BUT I am sort of wondering about how effective it's been. It's sort of random, and not consistent with what I do. With #KATG I was able to mix my workouts up, every day so nothing feels the same, and I'm never bored. But it's also way quicker, easier, and cheaper, because I can do it wherever I am.
It's been nice for me especially when I travel. So, I can do the classpass workouts still, and take this when I travel to workout in hotel rooms, on the go. I also love to do it on the weekend when I'm on the beach (in the wee hours of the morning so no one can look at me - LOL). I was in Oakland three weeks ago for work and did a quick 30 minute workout in the morning before I started my day. It's a great mix up, and without it I wouldn't have worked out at all.
(remember that? just had a charlie sheen moment...anywho)
So, if you're reading this your obviously the coolest but also, if you like:
- Saving money (all you need is the guide and no gym membership)
- Working out wherever you are
- Mixing it up
- Following a plan
- Being a part of a community (there's also access to a secret group on FB!)
- Having a coach (Danielle is available to be your coach!)
Then this is REAL GOOD FOR YOU. (& YOU CAN WIN THE GUIDE TOO! Details later..)
So what's in the Kick Ass Training Guide?
Exactly what it sounds like, #KATG is a 6 week training guide, comprised of workouts you can do anywhere, anytime with minimal equipment.
The workouts range in duration from 15-45 minutes and are a combination between circuit training, HIIT, & cardio.
This guide is #biblevibes and includes 120 pages of content. It includes:
- 6 week training guide
- 2 week preparation training
- 10+ pages of nutritional guidelines.
- 60 pages of exercises/cueing to go along with them.
- Photo breakdowns of each exercise.
- Tracking Logs.
- Step-by-step progress instructions.
- Recovery methods
- Warm-up & cool down methods.
- Full access to me by e-mail.
- Equipment modifications.
- Exclusive recovery product discount available inside.
- SO much more kick-ass stuff (aka Danielle’s special touches)
Oh, and I needed to share this. One of my favorite parts of the guide (it's written by Danielle):
These tips are SO GOOD TO KNOW when adopting ANY type of fitness program. Like tattoo this on my face plz. This is how thoughtful she is in here, and if you get the KATG you get access to someone who drops wisdom like this:
1. Let go of expectation. Having unreasonable expectations is the easiest way to fail. Celebrate each small victory and don’t be crazy hard on yourself. Change takes time (much more than 6 weeks). I encourage you to view this as the start but not the end at the 6 week mark.
2. Look at the bigger picture. What are your bigger picture goals? Write down some long term goals that you want to do for yourself. For instance, “I want to get fit so I can feel better and stronger.” OR, “I want to create better health habits so I can be a good example for my children.” Of course you can create short term goals like, “I want to look good in a bikini come spring.” But what I can say, is that there is always something you will be prepping for. That’s life. It could be Valentine’s day, a birthday, spring break, a wedding, a bachelor/bachelorette party, pool party, start of a new school year, a holiday weekend, ETC. You get the gist.
It’s much easier to adopt a balanced lifestyle 365 then go super hard and restrictive for 6 weeks and call it quits after that short term goal.
3. Believe in yourself. I know that’s easier said than done at times. When you wake up in the morning, take 5 deep breaths before you even get out of bed. On each exhale, speak a positive thing about yourself. For example, deep inhale followed by an exhale, “I’m going to kick ass today.” It doesn’t have to be overly complicated, just speak some short positive affirmations to yourself. This will set the standard for each day.
4. Nothing will happen unless you make it happen. You must be ready to put in the work. This is a tough pill to swallow sometimes if you aren’t ready to hear it. Living a healthy lifestyle isn’t a sometimes thing. It’s something you make part of your daily habits or routine. Much like going to work, or feeding yourself, or brushing your teeth, or the list goes on. If you want to feel great, you have to work for it. It isn’t a quick fix. It won’t happen overnight. You have to put in the work and carve out time for creating a healthy life! The changes will become routine after awhile but at first it’s an adjustment. Don’t give up! In order to get something you really want, you have to put in the work....period.
5. Keep it simple. Try not to overthink every little thing when it comes to fitness. You can easily be overstimulated by all the information that’s out there. Don’t go down that hole. The simplicity behind developing good habits is by DOING. Do your workout. Do your best to eat healthy. Do the best with what you have (i.e. you are at a restaurant and there are only terrible choices on the menu). Mindset shift: I can order something that has nutrient value and that is much better than throwing in the towel and ordering something crazy OR starving myself. Another example would be, “I don’t have time to workout today.”
Mindset shift: Today is a bit crazy but I’m going to try and squeeze in a 10 minute workout when I get home from work.
Danielle and I did one of the workouts together, so you can check it out, follow along and see what #KATG is all about yo!
Included in this workout video:
This specific workout is a full body cardio burn from Danielle’s KATG. The protocol is 5 exercises repeated 3 times. The rep counts are featured in the video and will also be noted below! No equipment is necessary but you can add weight to a few of these exercises for an extra challenge.
1 - Mountain Climbers (40 reps)
- Start in a push-up position
- Wrists and shoulders stacked
- Lift one foot off the floor and drive your knee into your chest
- If you can’t get to chest, drive it in as far as you can
- Engage core
- Return to starting position
- Lift the other foot off the floor and repeat
- Alternate legs and find a rhythm
2 - Squat Jumps (15 reps)
- Start in standing position, feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Squat down, engage your core
- Butt out, weight in heels/glutes
- As you drive through your glutes, jump straight back up
- Use your arms for momentum behind you
- Land safely back in squat position with knees bent
3 - Forward Alternating Lunges (20 reps)
- Start in standing position, feet together
- Walk forward into a lunge
- Push off back foot to bring you back to standing
- Continue forward with the opposite leg
- Weight in your heels, glutes firing
- Knee does not extend past your toe
- Keep knee at 90 degree angle in lunge
4 - Broad Jump Burpees (10 reps)
- Start standing in a slight squat position with chest up and weight in heels
- Use your arms to swing forward as you jump forward
- Jump as far forward as you can without compromising landing
- Land in a deep squat position
- Weight in heels, chest up, glutes firing
- Plant hands on ground
- Jump feet back into a plank position
- Shoulders and worst should be stacked
- Core engaged
- Hop feet back in
- Push through your gluten as you drive up
- Jump back up to standing with arms overhead
- Walk back to start position
5 - Side Plank (45 seconds each side)
- Lie on one side with your legs stack on top of one another
- Prop your body up on your elbow while keeping your feet stacked
- Raise your body so hip is heading toward the ceiling
- Glance up at the arm that is extended or keep head neutral
- For additional support, cross your upper leg in front of your lower one
Since adding this, I've noticed that my cardio level is wayyyyy up. Like I need to be doing dynamic HIIT workouts that are quick. I loved how it was all in one, get it done and go. Workout and move on (plus you see results).
SO TODAY: we are running a giveaway of one guide on my instagram (a $79.99 value). All you need to do is like the photo, follow me and Danielle, and @ 2 friends you'd want to enter to win as well.
That's it! Winner will be announced tomorrow!
Super exciting right? My get right Cabo series y'all eating right and (trying) to keep it tighttttttt.
Okay it's 9 PM and I seriously turn into a troll after 9.
GTG ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BC YOU'LL LOVE THIS!