Two weeks ago, I had the best week ever.
Honestly, I had no plans that week. I looked at my calendar and realized that there was actually no obligation for me to be anywhere, and I wasn't required to do anything.
I was elated. So I knew I had to take advantage of the opportunity, and I decided to have a reboot week, where I dedicated each day/night or time that I could to self care.
This meant one week of:
- Prioritizing Sleep: Getting 8+ Hours each night
- Exfoliating 3x with a body scrub
- Turning off my phone by 7:30 PM and not touching it until 9 AM
- Scheduling 2 cryotherapy appointments (I go to CryoZone in Santa Monica)
- Stretching each night for at least 20 minutes
- Yoga 3x
- Drinking as much water as possible
- Walking 10k steps daily, by taking walks around the block when I can or either
- Mediating 2x daily (usually I do once)
- Journaling in my gratitude journal for 5 minutes each morning
- Less than 1 hour of social media time
- 1 acupuncture appointment
- Eating SUPER clean (using KleanLA)
As soon as I was able to get my week structured, I knew that eating clean was the key component. I needed to make sure that my diet was the foundation. Having clean, nutritious meals, where I'm eating tons of nutrient dense foods and making sure I am avoiding excess sugar and fake shit.
They have vegan, low sugar, filling, healthy, nutrient dense foods delivered to my door 3x a week, and it's some of the best food, ever. With KleanLA you're able to eat 4x a day, these amazing mini-meals that keep you full and happy.
Chickpea Scramble Kale & Carrot
Mushroom, Bell Peppers & Red Onion on Spinach
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Grilled Artichokes & Roasted Bell Salad
Grape Tomato, Dry Blueberries, Jicama & Cucumber on Mix Greens
Chile Lime Quinoa
Lime Honey Vinaigrette
Coconut Dijon Tarrago Butternut, Peas & Mushrooms
Haricoverts & Carrots
Brown Rice with Parsley
Lemon Wedge & Micro Flowers
Rice & Corn Burgers
Grilled Red Onion, Mexican Squash & Pineapple
Sweet Potato Mash
Knowing that my meals are covered, I don't need to think about it, or stress about it, or even go to the grocery store to have the temptation of getting a treat, was the GAME changer for my week. It helped me to spend more time at home, relaxing, stretching, sleeping and journaling than I would have if I was focused on getting food each day.
I cannot tell you how good it felt to really recharge. To reset, and take a step back and just nourish and love my body through movement, walking, nutrition and just s-l-o-w-i-n-g down more than I have in a long time. I felt such a calling to make plans. You have no idea, I almost texted about 3 of my friends to make plans to do something, but resisted so hard and was so proud that I allowed myself to be. To watch some TV (Queer Eye is my favorite) and to relax.
You can try KleanLA by going here to check out their meal plans, and keep an eye on The Almost 30 Podcast IG Wednesday for an exciting giveaway for one week of their Get Going Special (the one I love!)
For the babes that do not reside in LA, I would suggest that you:
- Plan your meals ahead
- Make them nutrient dense
- Allow yourself more food than you want to, just make sure it's good for you
- Buy things like sweet potatos, cauliflower rice, quinoa, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, veggie patties...have them on deck so you always have a healthy option
- Try having 4 300-400 calorie meals a day (or up it if you need more!)
These are some of the foundation components of KleanLA that you can apply to your life if you're not here in Sunny CA.
Inspired? Me too! What else would you add to a self care week?
*Thanks KleanLA for partnering with me on this post!