Oh guys have I got a treat for you!
Last weekend, you may have heard that we held the Sex, Love & Other Things Event at Saje Wellness off Abbot Kinney. It was BEAUTIFUL and lovely and gave me all of the feels. It was great to really open up and chat with some other badass ladies about love, relationships and sex (hehe). I want to do a full post on it later, but today wanted to share a quick easy AMAZING healthy low sugar recipe you have to try.
One of the highlights was of course my girl Daniela Kendes fat balls. I mean, oh my GAH.
Super low in sugar, high in protein, high in healthy fats, filling, tasty, easy, delicious, these things are INCREDIBLE. Great for breakfast, a snack, a desert...whatever! I had like 40.
Et Viola! Your new favorite treat:
"Mighty Bites are my go-to treat to whip up when I need an energy boost that’s not going to mess with my blood sugar and send me into a sugar-craving tail spin! They provide a fantastic balance of fat, protein, fiber, and superfoods, and unlike most energy bite recipes out there, are very low in sugar. I created this Cacao Maca *Sexy Bite* to deeply satisfy a chocolate craving (think dense truffle consistency!) and to give you a dose of my favorite hormone balancing, skin-saving, libido-boosting, energy-giving ingredients. No, it’s not too good to be true!
Sexy Bite superstar ingredients include:
- Antioxidant superstar raw cacao, which has also been shown to increase serotonin levels and boost mood (hence why we may crave chocolate when we’re feeling down)!
- Maca, an ancient Peruvian adaptogenic herb, that’s used globally for its hormone-balancing and libido-increasing properties.
- Pumpkin seeds — my personal favorite super seed — which are loaded with skin and hormone-balancing minerals including zinc, magnesium, copper, and iron.
- Chia seeds, perhaps the most popular superfood these days, for good reason! I especially love the extra fiber and protein boost that chia seeds provide.
- Hemp protein, my favorite plant-based protein, as it contains 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential ones that your body cannot create on its own. Including protein (and minimizing sugar) in your snacks will help you avoid a blood sugar spike that turns your well-intentioned snack into a mini-binge (which I’ve found most “energy ball” recipes guilty of).
NOTE: I’ve included two versions of my recipe below. The first version features two amazing products from my friend Sophie Jaffe’s deliciously clean superfood line, Philosophie. When I discovered that the Philosophie Cacao Magic protein powder and Superfood Coconut Butter contained many of the ingredients I was already using in my Sexy Bite recipe, I thought I’d create a version using these products that provides a very similar nutritional profile and benefits as the original, with some of the ingredients already combined for you!"
Let me know if you make them, please! Thank Daniela later :)