Just rising from the dead over here to write a post, because I feel like I haven't been blogging very much for the past two weeks. Has anyone else been sleeping mass amounts? I'm basically a newborn, clocking 11 hours on the regular as of late. I'll blame it on the new moon though!
Where do I begin I feel like I have so much to sayyyyy!!
I told you that family was in town, Terri (my mom) had us PACKED with activities. We were the creepy adult family at Disneyland....and did that among a billion other things because with my family, there is no chill zone. You can follow along at Hundredblog on snapchat now! I am new so slowly posting - but want to see what everyone's up to!
Then Justin and I went to Cleveland, for the wedding for one of my closest friends Anne, to marry her lovely beau Martin. I was re-inspired being back with friends, and seeing those I love the most. Peep our bridesmaids dresses on the right! How amazing? My bestie Jenn and I were in love.
(I got lots of amazing feedback on Hundred Blog, and it was dope to hear that it was doing exactly what I intend for it to do. Inspire people in a positive way, and be helpful, however possible.)
The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. The vibe was glam, fur and glitter, and the Ritz was decked the fuck out for the affair. It was a magical day with all the bridesmaids, in true form rocking mad spanx and make-up - everyone looking like dimes. The bride and her family were jaw drop gorgeous, and I wouldn't have spent NYE any other way.
This post is mainly a photo diary but in January I have mad stuff in store that I plan to work on and write about for Hundred Blog.
I'm behind on some travel posts, and a few weekendings but I wanted to share more that I have in store in January:
- Ojai Weekend Recap
- Travel every weekend in January, so...itineraries!
- TSC Bombshell Body Guide Review
- New Years Resolutions
- A few beauty and health posts
- MORE AWESOMENESS! YAH!
My dress for the rehearsal dinner this week, was basically my favorite dress I've ever owned besides one time in high school I got a homecoming dress from Bebe and I loved that shit. This one is super comfortable and cut just right, from Asos. You can get it here.
Bag was vintage Chanel (thanks Grandma), shoes are Forever 21, and I did my hair myself (also why the little spike is coming out the back! Justin knows now to tell me now if my bun has spikes LOL). This hairstyle was SUPER easy to do, and looked more formal than my hair down since I wear it down so much.
For the makeup, I did more or less of the usual thing, but added gold lined lids, and I used a MAC eyeshadow to line my eyes instead of an eyeliner since it can make me look crazy to have a dark rimmed eye (trust me I've tried it!)
The BB Cream from Tarte I link below, basically rules, it's full coverage, and makes you look like poreless perfection. My lipstick that I'm wearing here is one of my favorites from NARS, a deep berry matte shade that stays on forever and ever. I love their matte shades more than gloss because it tends to stay on longer.
You can shop the makeup below. All of it I get from Amazon. Because, Amazon Prime is one of God's greatest gifts!
I'll end this post with the step-by-step for how you can do your hair like I did for the rehearsal, which worked out well since I wasn't messing with it all night. It also hid the fact that it was super dirty (hehe).
I am so pumped to get super organized this year with things related to Hundred Blog and life in general, and am so thankful for the kind words and feedback. Some of my babes this week gave me such good post ideas I cannot wait to share with you!
What did everyone do this New Years Eve? I would also love to see what everyone wore, and their resolutions so make sure to link your blog below so I can check it out!
How to do your hair for a wedding in like 4 minutes:
First, keep that shit DIRTY.
I wash my hair once a week at most, and having it dirty is key to wearing it up and having it stay put. Also using a good dry shampoo or product like Kevin Murphy Do-Over so that your hair has 'grip' and stays in place where you put it.
- Tease your hair at the crown to give it fullness. Teasing is underrated btw.
- Brush that tease out, work in a thickening, fullness product like the Kevin Murphy Doo Over Dry Shampoo Spray.
- With a side part, twist a 1 inch section from the thicker side of the part, away from your face to the back of your head, securing it with blonde or brown hobby pins depending on your hair color (SO KEY or you'll see every bobby pin and it ruins it).
- Do another twist, on the same side, just below this one to the middle part of the back of your head.
- On the opposite side, twisting away from your face, twist a 1 inch section of hair to the back of your head and secure it with bobby pins.
- Take the remaining hair you have not twisted and braid it, so that it's thicker and stays together.
- Wrap this braided section around to a bun, in the middle low part of your head, and secure it with bobby pins.
- Finish any styling spray you have, but I love Bumble and Bumble Does it All Styling Spray
et Viola! Justin said i looked like Martha Washington, so if that's the look you desire - this is perfect! LOL. But for real, I really liked the look - it's different than my usual down loose waves thang.