Did Gigi X Tommy Last night in Venice - was so dope! It was like a carnival, ha, and Fergie performed, the whole gang of models was there and it was SO FUN. Tommy made fashion fun again :). But the models were a bit dissapointng to see when you think we're making body progress, ha. I can't tell ya how thin :(. But I digress, another convo! Do follow the fashion show on snapchat (@hundredblog) and Instagram (@hundredblogla) tho to see it all!
Guys. Doing way more healthy food and drink lately. What do we think? I shared my favorite smoothie recipe with Be Well by Kelly, I am sharing my experience with KleanLA next week and on my Instagram I've been sharing SO MUCH of my favorite foods. I am a serious healthy food lover, and it's actually my obsession to hack back foods and find healthy versions.
Which leads me to the AMAZING vegan burrito made by my amazing friend Christina Rice from Addicted to Lovely.
Christina has an amazing blog, Addicted to Lovely that I go to for her on-point wellness advice (she is the most knowledgeable friend I know), musings on life (I LOVE reading her deep thoughts), and her overall blog design and aesthetic is on POINT. I love the site and branding SO MUCH.
Christina writes about all the shit that I care about. She's written about hot health topics, amazing healthy recipes and DEEP thoughts on life...it's real and there's SUBSTANCE.
She's been such a good friend and cheerleader for me and Hundred, it's been so amazing to get to know her on a personal level hang with her and talk blogging and podcasting.
We're actually doing a collab between Almost 30 X Actually Adultish this weekend and I AM PUMPED. Her friend Nina, my little angel, is her co-host and I am so looking forward to hanging with them both. Stay tuned for those episodes!
Okay so you guys know I am not the best cook LOL - so I asked Christina to share one of her BOMB recipes with you.
This is something quick and easy to make for yourself, for your boyfriend or best friend. Or to have for a few days to bring to work! This recipe I will be making on Sunday for the week to have for a few lunches as it makes enough for 2-3 people.
Shoutout to XTINA FOR THIS GOLD!
It's good to make the buritto bowl vegan to lighten your meat eating, use ingredients that are easily digested and FULL of nutrients, healthy fats, proteins and greens. This is the perfect filing meal that won't have you feeling heavy.
^ such a damn cutie.
HOW ABOUT THAT PIZZA AMIRITE?
SO GOOD! Her recipes are SO ON POINT! Also love her musings on life, wellness advice and fashion stuff. It's one of my favs!
Okay so to the main event the the Addicted to Lovely Vegan Burrito Bowl recipe I wanted to share with you!
Some of the health benefits include:
High in Fiber
High in HEALTHY Fats
High in Protein
Burrito Bowl Ingredients:
1 container romaine lettuce
2 cups riced cauliflower (either put cauliflower in the food processor or buy it riced)
Pink Himalayan Salt (you can buy here)
1 large tomato
Coconut oil or another healthy cooking oil
1/2 lemon (buy a full lemon for the whole dish)
1/2 lime (buy a full lime for the whole dish)
Super Easy Guac (recipe below)
Cashew Sour Cream (recipe below)
Vegan Walnut Meat
Super Easy Guac Ingredients
1 large avocado
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp cilantro
Dash of pink salt
Cashew Sour Cream Ingredients
1/2 cup cashews soaked in filtered water for 2-3 hours
1/3 cup filtered water
1 tsp coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) (you can buy it here)
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
Juice from 1/4 of a lime
1/2 tsp pink salt
Vegan Walnut Meat Ingredients
1 cup walnuts
1 tbsp coconut aminos (you can buy here)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pink salt
1. Make the Cashew Sour Cream a few hours before/the day before. Put all of the sour cream ingredients into a food processor and process until everything is smooth and blended together. You might have to process a few times, and scrape the sides as you go. Once it's all blended, put the sour cream in the fridge to firm up until you're ready to use it.
2. Put 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet, and sauté the cauliflower rice in a pan over medium heat. Toss on some pink salt and pepper to taste. Put a lid on top while it's cooking. Cook until the cauliflower rice starts to brown, about 7-10 minutes.
3. While the cauliflower rice is cooking, make the Vegan Walnut Meat. To make the walnut meat, put all of the walnut meat ingredients into a food processor and process until everything is incorporated and the walnuts are small enough to resemble ground meat. It should only take about 10 pulses.
4. Make your Super Easy Guac. Mash up all of the Super Easy Guac ingredients in a small bowl and mix them together.
5. Dice the tomato, and cut the romaine lettuce into smaller leaves.
5. Assemble the bowls. Put the lettuce in one half of your bowl and top it with chopped tomato. Add the cauliflower rice to the other half of the bowl. Top with as much walnut meat, sour cream, and guac as you want! Squeeze lemon and lime on top of everything.
Yo I love how so many of the ingredients here I didn't even know existed. Like coconut aminos, walnut meat? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!
LOVE THIS so much and so excited to share this smart, dedicated, driven and fun human with you! Women supporting women always on The Hundred Blog baby!
Oh and P.S. check out my interview on her blog, here!